Facebook Chat Bug Fixing v20101125

Users reported that our web Facebook Chat does not update friends’ online statuses. We finally noticed that after Facebook Chat announcing its social mail service Facebook Chat updated its protocols and WeBuzz.IM’s status updating stream did not work then.

Now we have rolled out an update, trying to fix this bug. Happy chatting with your Facebook Chat friends. And please make a comment to let us know if it works for you or not.  Thanks.

BTW: Thanks our user Alex and lexie for reporting this bug!

This entry was posted in Updates. Bookmark the permalink.

39 Responses to Facebook Chat Bug Fixing v20101125

1. Nishant says:

I Love It And I Chat Alot With This , But Could You Please Include the Complete Facebook and Orkut In It ?

• Zhou Renjian says:

Thanks for your feedback.
      It seemed that WeBuzz.IM web Facebook Chat online status bug is not totally fixed. We will rolled out another bug fix tomorrow. Please keep tuned.

By the way, what do you expect for Orkut support? Login as Gtalk?

2. Alex says:

happy to help you in developing free internet tools for free networks and free people

Ok, now :
    – If I’m logged in facebook portal and I turn on the facebook chat from the portal, I can see all my contact on-line in the webuzz facebook chat.
    -If I’m not logged into facebook portal chat, I can’t chat with my friend with the webuzz facebook chat (I see all contacts off-line), but I can log-in into it.

If everything is correct, that is, webuzz chat (only for facebook) can works fine only if I log into facebook.com and open its chat, ok, I have to surrender 🙂 and I can’t consider it a bug but a facebook.com limitation to other web instant messengers.

Thanks for your time dedicated to us 🙂
    Cheers from Italy

• Zhou Renjian says:

How about web Facebook Chat now? Online status is still not working as expected?

• Alex says:

Hi, … yes, unfortunately, I have the same problem. Logged into facebook chat but can’t see my contacts on line. But now I’m going to think that is a facebook problem, not yours.

However, thanks 🙂

3. Emmanuel says:

so is their anyway i can see my friends online im srry to bother its just i cant see any of my friends online

4. Allyssa says:

I tried logging into the facebook thing and it said to log onto the actual facebook. I did. still didn’t work. Uh, wtf?

• Zhou Renjian says:

If logging in gets message “You need to log into Facebook official website to confirm your account!”, it is because Facebook thinks that you are logging into your account from a location you have never logged into ( you are logging through our WeBuzz.IM server ) and Facebook set a roadblock and ask you to confirm your account. So you need to login your Facebook from its official website. And you will be asked to confirm you are using your account yourself and then change your password. If you are done, you should be able to login Facebook Chat using WeBuzz.IM.

In your case, try to login to Facebook using http://www.facebook.com/ again and then take another try on http://webuzz.im/ .

Thanks for your feedback.

5. Justin says:

My facebook friends online status are never updated and ive used the same computer for a preety good time on this and it use to work and my profile pic here does not change wehn i chage it on facebook plz plz plz help me with my problems

6. laomourn says:

hey …..

7. Zhou Renjian says:

@Emmanuel @Alex @Justin
    Thanks for all of your feedback.
    We are still trying to find out why online status is not working for Facebook Chat. We will try to make updates as soon as possible.

• Emmanuel says:

i belive i know now how to fix it its really simple i got into my real facebook and then i saw my chat thing on it said offline so of course youll never see youre friends and so wat u must do is simply put it to online then connect youre computer again to it and it should work well it works for me now and i got my profile picture updated i hopw this will work for youll the same way sorry for the disturbance and have a good day on this wonderful program they have on for us 😀

8. lexie says:

thanks Zhou for an immediate response ^^ i am now enjoying the fb chat again ^^

9. Zhou Renjian says:

@lexie @Alex @Emmamnuel @Justin
    Facebook Chat friend’s online status bug is considered fixed. Please check it out.

10. Justin says:

ok now i have a problem i seem to have my chat thing i bit mest up my thing works everything is fine but when i type it seems not to go throught the chat i mean i type but it dosent seem to get to the other person and when i do it on facebook it works

11. Justin says:

in other words i type hi and they also say hi but i cant see their responses plz help me

12. Justin says:

not sure still because i havent tried it yet but i will tell you once i see someone online lol my friends hate me lol xD

13. Justin says:

Yeah srry for this but it’s still not working for me idk why though

• Zhou Renjian says:

Sorry to hear that. Maybe we were not fixing the point of your problem.
      We are still trying to locate bug of your described problem.

14. Justin says:

no worries i think its just my computer maybe i have a virus no worries i will try spomething else

15. Justin says:

well im not sure anymore what to think i got my computer fixed and everything but it still wont work so it’s official i think my facebook chat thingy is broken lol

16. Justin says:

YAY it works whatever youll did thank you very much for doing it 😀